Tuesday 3 December 2013

Crepes

I'm not a big fan of eggs, I don't like them boiled, fried or scrambled. My mother blames herself for not giving them to me as a child, though she didn't give me wine either and I certainly developed a taste for that.

Eggs are such a great source of protein, and an important part of eating a low-carb diet, so I'm always looking for a way to trick myself into eating them. These crepes are so quick to make, and go with everything.


The recipe below makes three crepes, but it's a great idea to triple the quantities and keep the mixture in the fridge. You'll have three days' worth of breakfast ready to go and a washed out squeezy mayonnaise bottle is a handy dispenser.

Ingredients

2 Large eggs
2 Tablespoons of double cream
1 Teaspoon of vegetable oil

Method

1. Mix everything together in a bowl.

2. Lightly grease the hot frying pan with a small amount of butter or oil, then spoon in the mixture.

3. Give each crepe about a minute on each side.



4. Serve with streaky bacon and sugar-free maple syrup for an American-style breakfast.


Pro-Tip: These crepes also make a great dessert option. Serve with homemade nutella, mascarpone and crushed walnuts or pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment